Creativity is one of the most powerful human assets. It stimulates our ability to express, to learn and to connect. It has the power to make the world a better place. Ever since we discovered that in 1899, it has been our goal to stimulate as many people as possible to express their creativity.
Empower your creativity. Let it out!
Talens supplies a wide range of high-quality surfaces to work on:
- Canvas stretchers of excellent quality in both cotton and linen. Universally prepared and suitable for various artists’ paints.
- Canvas boards made of universally prepared cotton stretched on MDF board.
- Roll canvas in various prepared types of textile, both finely and coarsely woven.
- Talens paper is of very high quality and has been specially developed for architects and designers but is also highly suitable for many other applications.
Talens offers a wide range of stretched canvasses. These canvasses are made of 100% cotton and available in various sizes.
All of Talens’ premium-quality canvasses are made in Europe with strong, FSC-certified wood and have been universally prepared to be used with oil, acrylic and water-mixable oil colours. The high-quality primer is applied by hand and consists of one layer of natural glue and two layers of acid-free, acrylic-based gesso. This primer guarantees excellent stretching properties and stops oil from penetrating to provide excellent adhesion for oil and acrylic colours.
This canvas is made of 100% cotton, weighs 300 grams per m² and offers a fine texture of 21.5 x 19 threads per cm². The laths of this canvas are 2 x 3.5 cm thick.
Cotton is a soft material that is often used with acrylic paint. Cotton canvasses are versatile and accessible, which makes them perfect for various painting techniques. Talens offers a wide range of linen canvasses as well.
About Talens canvasses
- Premium quality, made in Europe with FSC-certified wood.
- Universally prepared for use with oil, acrylic and water-mixable oil colours.
- Primer applied by hand consisting of one layer of natural glue and two layers of acid-free, acrylic-based gesso.
- Beading (rounded raised edge) ensures the canvas does not touch the frame.
- All canvasses are fitted with extra beechwood pegs for re-tensioning.