Pebeo Gedeo Latex has a concentrated formula based on natural rubber. Pebeo Gedeo Latex allows you to mould both simple and complicated shapes in small or large sizes and can also be used to make rubber masks.
The maximum temperature that a latex mould can withstand is 50°C. To thin the Gedeo latex, you can add up to 5% of water, stirring slowly. This is an extremely versatile, professional-quality product that you can use to mould both simple and complex forms of any size. It dries quickly, and the finished mould can be used many times.
Apply the Gedeo latex with a brush on the object to be molded. Take care to protect your brushes by coating them with dishwashing liquid. Allow the first layer to dry 10 minutes. Apply a second coat of Gedeo latex. While still wet, place gauze to strengthen the mold and immediately apply a third layer on top. Allow to dry 10 minutes and apply a fourth layer. Allow to dry 6 hours. To prevent the Gedeo latex from sticking to itself, sprinkle the outside of mold with Demolding Talc and unmold. Pour the reproductive material: plaster, crystal resin, reconstituted Gedeo. Unmold. Let dry and decorate.
For easy and successful creations, first choose your decorative idea, then the Gédéo molding material and finally the method of attachment.
HOW TO USE :
- Choose a pattern (size and thickness) according to your decorative idea.
- Set up in a dry, ventilated and temperate area, on a horizontal and level work surface.
- Evaluate the total quantity of product to be poured: measure the necessary volume by filling the chosen pattern with water and then pour into a measuring cup.
- Prepare the chosen product according to the user’s guide.
- Pour the product into the clean and dry mold.
- Allow to dry according to the time indicated in the user’s guide of the chosen product. (Setting is progressive and variable depending on the ambient temperature).
Remove from mold.
- Installation of fasteners for precision plaster, resin plaster and light plaster: as soon as the plaster is very pasty (about 10 minutes), drive the fastener with a quick movement from left to right, hold for a few seconds and release. The fastener should hold without moving, let it harden.
- Installing fasteners for casting Gedeo resins: In the still liquid resin, use a hairpin or paper clip to suspend and hold the fastener.
- To maintain your Gedeo mold: Wash in warm water without detergent or in a dishwasher.
- To make double-sided designs: Glue two symmetrical designs or place the hardened design on the filled mold. Allow to harden. Unmold and remove excess product if necessary.
- Do not place Gedeo latex molding decorations near a flame.
- Do not place on a hot plate.
- Using a knife will damage the material.
Attach the subject to be molded to the bottom of the glass with a small piece of modeling clay. Make sure the subject does not touch the sides. In a container, pour one volume of alginate, which is half of the form. Pour two volumes of water onto the powder and mix actively for one minute. The formation of any lumps will not hinder the making of your mold. Pour the preparation on the object.
Wait 5 to 10 minutes for the preparation to set: it remains flexible but must be frozen like a jelly. Slide a knife between the wall of the glass and the mold to create a draft. Take the alginate mold out of its box and remove the piece of modeling clay from the bottom. Cut the alginate mold lengthwise with a cutter, being careful not to damage the subject.
Pierce the bottom of the plastic glass with the cutter. Place the two parts of the mold back together in the box. Turn the glass upside down with the hole in the bottom facing you. Prepare and pour the plaster into the mold through the opening created by the modeling clay. Wait half an hour for the plaster to dry, then remove the alginate mold from its casing again. Separate the two parts and release the plaster print. Sand it lightly with sandpaper if necessary. By repeating the operation, you can reuse the mold for up to 3 prints.
For plaster, reconstituted stone or wax prints.
- Before using the alginate powder, transfer it to an airtight container and shake it strongly. This aerated powder will avoid lumps.
- In order to bring up the bubbles, tap the container on a table for 30 seconds.
- The use of a shaker is possible.
- The setting is accelerated by hot water, and slowed down by cold water.
- It is possible to make a mold by stamping. Slightly reduce the proportion of water, and apply the preparation to the subject when it begins to thicken.
- To make a custom mold, cut a strip of semi-rigid plastic film to the desired height and form a cylinder. Secure it with tape. Place this cylinder on a smooth surface and seal the joint with modeling clay.
It is easy to mold and reproduce all kinds of objects yourself. The choice of casting material depends on the shape and consistency of the subject, the casting material and the number of reproductions desired. Measure 1 part blue component (resin) to 1 part white component (hardener). Mix quickly (30s) by rolling the mixture like a sausage. The correct mixture should have a uniform light blue color. Make a ball and crush it on the object laid flat, covering it with an even layer of 3 to 4mm. For large objects make a holding shell out of plaster strips.
Working time : 2 to 3 min
Demolding time: about 5 min, at a temperature of about 23°C from the time the impression was taken. For a longer application time, place the pastes in the refrigerator for 1 hour before mixing. Pour the reproduction material: plaster, crystal resin, reconstituted stone; remove from the mold after drying.
The mold made can be used many times.
Vaseline for removal from the mold
Apply with a brush on the mold before casting, it facilitates the demolding of the Crystal Resin and protects the molds. It can also be used to protect eyelashes and eyebrows before casting the face with alginate or with plaster strips.
- Apply the Gedeo latex with a brush on the object to be molded. Beforehand, you will have taken care to protect your brushes by coating them with dishwashing liquid.
- Let this first coat dry 10mm.
- Apply a 2nd layer. On top of this fresh layer, place gauze to reinforce the mold and immediately apply a third layer on top.
- Let dry for 10 minutes and apply a fourth layer. Let dry for 6 hours.
- Using Gédéo Plastered Strips, make a holding shell. Remove from the mold after the shell has dried.
- Pour the reproduction material: plaster, Crystal Resin, Gedeo reconstituted stone. Dismantle after drying.
There are no reviews yet.