Pebeo Crystal Resin is a 50% biosourced resin that is safer and more environmentally friendly. Transparent, gloss, bubble-free and easy to work with thanks to its two-component (resin A and hardener B) epoxy resin system. With its liquid texture, the Pebeo Crystal Resin is ideal for casting in moulds or framed media, inclusions and even as a protective varnish. Once dry, Pebeo Crystal Resin is hard and non-porous. Easy to use with professional results. For experienced and amateur adult users.
Moulding of decorative objects, tray backgrounds, creation of jewelry, decoration of supports, inclusions of maximum 2 cm thickness for a small volume. In a thin layer, Pebeo Crystal Resin gives a varnish effect on your creations.
- In a dry and clean container, pour first 1 part of Crystal B hardener and then 2 parts of Crystal A resin.
- Mix the two components well until the corners of the container (incomplete mixing does not guarantee hardening, mixing too vigorously will cause bubbles to appear). Transfer the mixture to a second container and mix again to ensure homogeneity of the resin and optimal curing.
- Pour into the substrate of your choice.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours in a dust-free environment.
- Setting time is gradual and variable depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
Crystal Resin is ideal for Pebeo mixed media.
To know the quantity of each component and not waste the product, fill the mold to be used with water and pour into a measuring container: one third of the volume for the hardener and two thirds for the resin. Dry the mold and the measuring container well before pouring in the Pebeo Crystal Resin
The resin takes on the surface appearance of the substrate into which it is poured. A matte mold will give a matte finish, a glossy mold a glossy finish.
To give a glossy look to a matte finish, use Gédéo GLOSS+ varnish or Pebeo Crystal Resin in a thin layer. Sand the surfaces before reapplying on the hardened resin.
To allow your creation to take shape, you can unmold after 12 hours of drying and, for example, place your molding around a bottle to give it a curved shape. The complete hardening occurs after 24 hours.
We advise you to protect your creations with the application of a layer of Bindex glossy 24 hours before pouring the Crystal Resin.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes, wear gloves.
- Only objects cast in metal molds intended for this purpose can be used as jewelry.
- Do not mix the components of Pebeo Crystal Resin with the components of Gédéo Glaze Resin.
- Do not exceed 15 0ml of Pebeo Crystal Resin preparation per mixture to limit any risk of overheating.
- Gédéo resins are not intended to be placed in contact with food.
- Crystal Resin applications, even when dry, do not tolerate contact with water.
There are no reviews yet.