Marabu Textil Aquarelle is an ultra-brilliant, pigmented, water-based watercolour paint for light-coloured fabrics (max. 20 % synthetic fibre). Very good flow. High yield. Marabu Textil Aquarelle colours can be mixed and diluted with water. Fabrics need to be free of finishes and fabric conditioners. After fixing in the oven (8 minutes / 150 °C), it will be washable to 40 °C. Wash and iron inside out.
- ultra-brilliant, pigmented, watercolour paint for light-coloured fabrics
- very good flow
- high yield, odourless, light-fast, saliva-resistant, and soft to the touch
- Marabu Textil Aquarelle colours can be mixed and diluted with water
- for light-coloured fabrics (max. 20 % synthetic fibre)
- after fixing in the oven (8 minutes / 150 °C), it will be washable up to 40 °C
HOW IT WORKS:
- Place the fabric on a smooth, non-absorbent surface (e.g. transparent film / freezer bag) and secure if necessary with masking tape. Use a sponge to thoroughly moisten the area on which the watercolour motif is to be painted. The wetter the fabric, the more the watercolour will keep flowing.
- Use the brush to paint the watercolour onto the fabric. The wetter the brush, the more the paint will keep flowing.
- For drying and fixing, place the damp motif flat on baking paper and then in the oven (8 minutes / 150 °C). After fixing, the fabric is washable up to 40 °C. When air-drying, the Marabu Textil Aquarelle paint may bleed some more.
- Afterwards it is possible to add decoration to the Marabu Textil Aquarelle with the Textil Painter. After fixing, the fabric is washable up to 40 °C.
Tips & Tricks
Removing finishes/pre-washing textiles
Before painting, new textiles have to be washed at least once without fabric conditioners. Fabric finishes and conditioners prevent the fibre from absorbing the paint. Colour fastness after fixing cannot be guaranteed in this case.
Washing painted textiles
Always wash painted textiles inside out and use a mild detergent. Never place a hot iron directly on the painted area. Iron either from the reverse or through a cloth.
Work preparation for Marabu Textil Aquarelle
- Cover the work area thoroughly.
- Place film between the layers of fabric.
- Stir the ink well before use.
- The best results are achieved on 100% Cotton.
- The fabric needs to be free of any finishes and conditioners.
- Wash the fabric before use.
- Clean work tools immediately after use.
- Wash and iron printed fabrics inside out.
- Mix new shades with Textil Aquarelle
To create new colours, the watercolours can either be mixed together before application or mixed directly on the fabric with a wet brush / sponge.
When painting double-sided textiles (T-shirt or cushion cover), always place a smooth, non-absorbent underlay between the textile layers so that the paint application cannot bleed through. This also makes painting on fabric easier, especially for children.