Marabu Glas Art are dazzling glass paints for the most sophisticated needs. Intensive, vivid colours with brilliant transparency. Sparkling and extravagant special effect colours.
Fine flow for even application. Very good light fastness, easy to mix, smudge-proof. For glass, porcelain, acrylic plastic. High-quality organic solvent based paint.
- intensively bright colours with brilliant transparency
- sparkling and extravagant special effect colours
- delicate flow for even paint application
- very high light fastness, easy to mix, smudge-proof and weather-resistant
- for glass, porcelain, acrylic plastic
- high-quality paint on the basis of organic solvents
It’s so easy:
- Thoroughly clean the glass surface with washing-up liquid or Marabu Cleaner to ensure it is free from dust and grease. Before painting, rinse off all detergent residue.
- All colours and especially the six special effect colours have to be stirred well as the colour pigments can settle in the glass – do not shake!
- Paint the surface as desired (see glass painting techniques).
- Wash brush with Marabu Cleaner immediately after use.
- The paint is dry to the touch after 30 minutes and fully dry after 48 hours. After a drying period of 30 minutes, the drying process can be shortened by drying the painted object in the oven at 80°C for 20 minutes. Both drying methods ensure high durability of the paint. The paint is smudge-proof when completely dry.
Dabbing, broad coverage
Dab on the glass paint on for ultra-fine areas with a delicate application. Lightly dab on the Marabu Glas Art paint using the Marabu Stencilling Sponge, wait for a short time and stencil over again without paint, thereby avoiding air bubbles. You can also use several colours for stencilling.
Airbrushing with Marabu Glas Art
Using Marabu Glas Art the airbrush technique offers a variety of great design possibilities on various substrates: from paper, wood & craft materials to glass & porcelain to textiles & silk.
Beautiful patterns or sharp outlines can be realised using this technique; photographically accurate pictures can be enhanced with special effects such as metallic gloss or mirror reflexes. The colour is mixed with the airflow in the spray pistol and is applied in extremely thin layers by constantly moving your hand. By varying the aperture of the nozzle, the distance to the painting substrate or by the use of stencils, there is no limit to your artistic scope.
Please follow the instructions for airbrush technique depending on paint type.
- Stir well before use or, if necessary, strain the colours.
- Choose the appropriate thinner for colour and substrate.
- The Marabu Glas Art colour should be sufficiently liquid that it can pass through a teastrainer.
- The substrate should be dust and grease-free.
- Use self-adhesive templates.
- Ensure that the workplace is well ventilated and that spray mist is avoided.
- When changing colours, use the appropriate cleaning agent for the spray pistol – in the case of water-based Marabu-colours the appropriate cleaning agent is simply water.
- After use carefully clean all equipment with the appropriate cleaning materials.
- Always carry out pre-trials.
Separate instructions for airbrush technique depending on paint type:
- Airbrushing with Marabu Glas Art
- Nozzle size: from 0.2 mm
- Pressure: from 2.5 bar
- Thinning: 3 parts colour to 1 part Marabu Cleaner & Thinner
- Cleaning: with Marabu-Cleaner & Thinner
The specifications shown for nozzle sizes, dilution and pressures are guidelines only and should be adjusted accordingly.
Painting behind glass
The classic technique of painting outlines is shown to its best advantage when the Marabu Glas Art paint is applied behind glass. The motifs have a deeper and clearer effect behind glass.
Contours painting glass
Stained Glass is easy! Fix a template behind the glass and pull the contours according to the Marabu Relief Paste. Once the contours are dried, you can color the image with Marabu Glas Art and a glass of fine synthetic hair brush.
Use a cotton bud to scratch patterns and motifs into the wet paint where it has been dabbed on.
Stamping on porcelain and glass
Marabu offers a wide range of mini-stamps that are ideal for glass and porcelain painting. Every mini-stamp pack includes detailed instructions.
Fine decorations from the tube
Create fine decorations, lettering, shapes, dots or lines in 14 amazing colours to create unique effects on glass and porcelain.