Creativity is one of the most powerful human assets. It stimulates our ability to express, to learn and to connect. It has the power to make the world a better place. Ever since we discovered that in 1899, it has been our goal to stimulate as many people as possible to express their creativity.
Empower your creativity. Let it out!
Amsterdam believes in you as an artist. Push your creative boundaries
We believe in you as an artist. In your talent and free spirit. We are here to offer you the broadest range of high-quality acrylic paint and supporting tools to help you express your creativity. Be bold, be colourful.
What started with our Amsterdam Standard Series, made of high-grade pigments, has evolved into a unique range of intermixable products with the Amsterdam Expert Series, acrylic markers, spray paint, auxiliaries and more. Together, they offer new creative opportunities – and they all match perfectly, of course.
Let Amsterdam inspire you – and empower you to push your creative boundaries!
Use your paint to its full potential with Amsterdam mediums. Painting mediums are incredibly useful because they allow you to adjust the properties of the paint to your preferences. Whether you want to make your paint thicker, glossier, thinner or more matt, everything is possible with Amsterdam’s extensive assortment of mediums, ranging from slow drying and glazing to thickening and pouring mediums in different variations and sizes.
Amsterdam photo transfer gel has been specially developed to allow you to include laser-printed images in your work.
How to use
- Apply a layer of the transfer medium on the printed side of your laser-printed image or on the surface you’ll be working on. Note that the image will be mirrored when transferred, so if you want to work with text, don’t forget to mirror the image first!
- Place the printed side of the paper down on the surface you’re working on, press down firmly and carefully rub away any air bubbles. Let dry for at least 24 hours.
- Moisten the paper using a moist cloth or sponge. Use your fingers or a dry cloth to rub off all of the paper, revealing the transferred image. This image can be painted over immediately.
- For an optimal result, apply a glossy varnish or an acrylic medium on top to eliminate the white film that may appear.
Amsterdam photo transfer gel
- Only suitable for laser-printed images, inkjet-printed images and photographs are not suitable
- Can be painted over with acrylic paint
- Waterproof when dry
- Clean utensils with water
- Apply at temperatures above 10° C and store free of frost